Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Joey and Summer's Sex Abuse Emails

I have a number of emails written by Joey and Summer that detail the alleged sex abuse incident(s) that began the CPS investigation the summer of 2009. These emails furnish the missing pieces to this puzzle. I never intended on publishing these emails and only alluded to them in my book. These are explicit accounts and painful to read. Certainly nothing that should be in the public domain.  Only a very few people have these emails.

It was this investigation, that concluded about the time the family disappeared, that was the topic of emails sent by Susan and Mike to Joey after Feb. 4, 2010, where they said "come back, the investigation is over, etc."

I have them all stored on flash drives with the rest of the documentation concerning this case. I did not realize that I had apparently left these messages in a file on one of my laptops. It was a folder that was buried deep within other folders in my hard drive, not cloud-backed. While my email server is encrypted with PGP and other security services on all my computers, my hard drive on this particular laptop is apparently vulnerable.

This morning, when I got back on this particular laptop, the folder that contains all these emails was neatly placed on my desktop, no longer buried as a sub-folder. Someone had either been sloppy and left the folder on my desktop, or did so purposely.

In addition, another citizen investigator who I am working with had his/her email hacked this morning as well. I had sent this person some of these "sex abuse" emails as we were conferring about them. This morning, those emails had been deleted from his/her inbox. This person's server was not as secure as mine, but still pretty secure.

Regardless, I am now faced with a challenging decision. If this was law enforcement, specifically the FBI, not so bad. However, if this was someone else, possibly hired by the perpetrator(s) then I feel I must release these emails, or at least one of them to protect the innocent.

Once these emails are made public, the innocent will be protected. No one dare harm them once they are released.

I have filed a police report and am trying to verify with forensics if this is LE. If so, I will beg off. If not, I will post them later tonight.


11 comments:

  1. Rick, haven't you already given these emails to LE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm confused as well. Wouldn't you be safer giving these emails to the authorties--then you would be safe, and privacy for the family would be kept?

      Delete
  2. Rick, could Dan the Hacker have gotten into these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point, as Dan the Hacker is called that for good reason;

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having trouble understanding this. Was the compromised laptop connected to your server by VPN? If so, someone hacked your network and your server and found the hidden folder on a laptop? Wow. I would bet the same person has been there before and left a backdoor open

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not put these emails on your website. It will hurt the victim, embarrass them, and further traumatize them.

    You might also set off the abuser.

    Turn these emails over to CPS. Make sure you have proof of delivery. Send copies to SBSD with the same proof that these specific documents were delivered to them.

    This is the only responsibility you have.

    I also don't want you to experience backlash from this posting. You have enough on your plate.

    You do not have to fall of your sword to help this victim. There are other ways to help victims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. You make sense and are wise. I will heed your advice and not post them. I have made contact with CPS and forwarded them to LE, in the event they do not have them.

      Delete
  6. I think you made the right decision Rick. Thank you for reopening your blog and sharing the information that you can release. God bless and as always, prayers and best wishes for you and Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for not posting them Rick, the victim has had it hard enough, he doesn't need that info on the internet for anyone to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe you can confirm that this alleged abuse was not something the McStays did? Because It's not completely clear to me at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mcstays had nothing to do with any abuse.

      Delete

Please post your comment only once. It may take an hour or so for me to approve and publish. Please do not post a duplicate comment.